Thursday, July 19, 2007

This week has been haywire! My favorite boss in the world resigned. Instead of having the week off as I had planned on we've been reassigning duties and trying to wrap our brains around the new situation.

What I wouldn't give for a motorcycle ride to decompress. Instead the garden has been refuge. This is Honey. She's our sweetest but also our loudest squawker. She has a bare spot on her back because of Crawford, the rooster who now resides in our freezer. (Hardest bite this ten year vegetarian has ever had to swallow.) This past winter Honey was at the bottom of the pecking order and had a big gash in her side. I didn't think she'd make it but I treated her daily with betadine and kept her separate until she finally healed. She's the only one I didn't have to chase down to get a good pic. She's our most tame dame.

No comments: