Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Provo Downtown Alliance has been asked to take on the flowerbeds on Center Street this next year. With our currently very modest budget this new mandate has been...entertaining. Because you just have to laugh when more and more (and more) is expected of a very small staff. I joked and said we should resort to casting zucchini seeds. Zucchinis have flowers...
Little did I know how truly brilliant this idea was until roaming the streets of Chicago! Vegetables! I wish I had more pix. But there was cabbage, broccoli, chili peppers, rainbow chard, arugula, and other leafy greens EVERYWHERE. It looked beautiful and for the survivalists...there's no security like food security.
What do you think? Pray tell!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's the best idea since sliced bread, SERIOUSLY!

Anonymous said...

I say YES!

Anonymous said...

That sounds lovely and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

hi azucar, geo, and mirjam,
your input makes me even more excited to push the veggies!

Anonymous said...

By all means, push the veggies. But make the CITY do it! That is one thing they PROMISED to keep doing when the Alliance was formed.

Don't get me started...

Anonymous said...

Hey! there's a beautiful purple-and-green--cabbage on the west side of my house- was planted between peonies and snapdragons in spring- kind of forgot about it for a while -right now its the most showyfantastic plant in the yard by far----
(only problem , now we love it too much to eat it-)

Anonymous said...

freegans, unite!

Anonymous said...

Sue-donym, haha. you're so right of course.

dear "you have three guesses",
i'm taking one guess but i'm SURE it's right, SHANNON! I could hear your voice as I read your words. And if this isn't Shannon than I owe you a million cabbages.

dear marshall p,
just bring some salad dressing and come veggie "shopping" on center street. Go Freegans!